CLC is Hiring
Development Director – Full Time
Grant Research, Writing and Development:
- Preliminary research of new foundation funding opportunities;
- Work with the Executive Director to generate, submit, and track applications for private foundations grants;
- Prepare and submit reports for existing grants;
- Maintain grants calendar and due dates.
- Manage all strategies and activities for individual donor cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship;
- Guide and engage in scheduling the Executive Director in timely meetings with donors for cultivation and stewardship;
- Draft language for individual solicitations, including annual appeals and targeted campaigns;
- Manage annual appeal mailings and follow-up;
- Prepare donation acknowledgement letters and other correspondence;
- Maintain donor files and lists.
- Assist in preparation and design of e-newsletters, annual reports, brochures, print outreach materials, etc.;
- Assist in development and postings of CLC social media and website content.
- Help solicit event sponsors and auction items;
- Prepare award descriptions and presentation scripts;
- Track guest registrations;
- Oversee all administrative logistics of the events.
Skills & Experience:
- Three to five years’ experience in a non-profit environment including grant writing, direct fundraising and event planning;
- Bachelor’s degree;
- Superb written (including editing and proofreading) skills are essential to this position, including the ability to understand and translate CLC’s mission and interests for donors and prospects with clarity and effectiveness. The incumbent is required to draft complex written materials to summarize the critical need for CLC’s programs and the means to implement them;
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, access) and fundraising software (preferably GiftWorks);
- Demonstrated ability to meet multiple deadlines;
- Ability to lift light to medium weight and feel comfortable with packing and moving items for events;
- Must have your own vehicle.
TO APPLY: Send cover letter, resume, a writing sample, and references to: Lilia Panteleeva, Executive Director, Children’s Law Center of Minnesota, 450 N. Syndicate St., Suite 315, St. Paul, MN 55104 or via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Position open until filled.