Minnesota Education and Training Voucher (ETV) Program
The Minnesota Education and Training Voucher (ETV) program at the Minnesota Department of Human Services is accepting applications for the spring semester between the dates of Jan. 1 and 31, 2016. Students submitting complete applications on or before January 1, 2016 receive the maximum award based on their need. Students submitting complete applications January 2-31, 2016 receive awards based on their need within an award range as long as funds are available. A complete application is the application and budget filled out, and all required supporting documents attached to applications.
Below are the following documents for students to prepare and apply for the ETV program and additional resources to review.
ETV application information:
- Application for first time applicants: A paper copy is included below for your review. It should not be completed/submitted as only online applications are accepted.
- Application checklist: Review the list and do the activities before opening the online application.
- Application instructions: Get step by step instructions to complete the application.
- Spring orientation schedule: All first time ETV recipients must attend an orientation session before they can use their ETV funds.
- Occupational Scholarship program – The program provides financial assistance to students enrolled in qualifying vocational programs at public two-year colleges so that students can complete the program within two years and find employment in a high-demand field. It will be implemented for the 2016-2017 and 2017-2018 academic years as a pilot study. The scholarship will cover any remaining tuition and fee charges after the student’s Federal Pell Grant and MN State Grant have been applied to the student’s account.
College planning resources:
- MN Office of Higher Education Grants-Scholarship booklet
- Resources for College Planning: Use the resources to help students prepare, chose, apply and pay for college.
For more information on the program, go to the ETV website.
Other Education Resources
The U.S. Department of Education’s application for federal financial aid.
Provides information on all types of financial aid.
Offers valuable information for college prep and financial aid in Minnesota.
Minnesota’s comprehensive career, education, and job resource.
Provides information on 17 of Minnesota’s private career schools.
Informational database for Minnesota’s State Colleges & Universities.
Offers information on financial aid and help to foster youth completing their FAFSA.
Information on everything from ACT prep to tips on writing college application essays.